Location: Shoalwater Seafood | Type: Full Time | Pay: $18/hr
This position is for positive, self-motivated, hardworking individuals who are interested in gaining hands-on job experience…
This position is for positive, self-motivated, hardworking individuals who are interested in gaining hands-on job experience in the shellfish industry while learning about sustainable shellfish farming using advanced industry methods.
If you're curious about our Technician position, reach out to our Farm Director please include resume and short interest letter if desired.
No experience with shellfish aquaculture is required but would be preferred; applicants must meet the qualifications listed below. Our Farm Tech Team learns and procures a variety of aspects of working on an oyster farm on the water and tidelands.
1. Harvest oysters via barge, boat or intertidally
2. Use advanced techniques of oyster husbandry at variety of locations with multiple growing methods
3. Sort oysters using our standards for market
4. Assist with general maintenance and cleaning tasks for a commercial operation (HACCP and SSOPs)
5. Maintain oyster shop and sorting facility to DOH standards
6. Care for and plant oyster seed using different outplant methods
7. Participate in the processing and transport of shellfish from farm sites to a variety of markets including community events
8. Become familiar with operating and maintaining boats and other farm-related equipment
9. Work within a team dynamic to efficiently get the job done
· Individuals must be able to work flexible hours including some weekends and nights to accommodate the tide and market schedule
· Enjoy working outdoors on the water, and be comfortable working outdoors in inclement conditions and indoor refrigerated environment
· This is an active job and applicants should be able to regularly lift and handle 50 pounds without difficulty and be able to work in a physically challenging environment on and off the water
· Individuals must adhere to all safety standards on the farm and farm facilities
· Must be able to speak/understand English and communicate respectfully with coworkers
· Applicants must be 18 years of age or older and have a valid driver’s license with a clean driving record
Compensation: Range starting at $18 an hour or competitive rates DOE. Short term housing is available on a limited basis.
When: Positions potentially opening up immediately but is DOE.
Where: Tokeland and surrounding areas in Willapa Bay
For an application please contact Dawn Mallory at firstname.lastname@example.org or please call 360-268-7515
Physical demands / work environment risk exposure: Position requires exerting up to 20-50 pounds of force frequently, and/or a negligible amount of force constantly to move objects. Movement includes climbing, balancing, stooping, kneeling, crouching, reaching, standing, walking, pushing, pulling, lifting, manual dexterity, talking, hearing, repetitive motion, and standing for extended periods. Work environment includes exposure to heat and cold of indoor and outdoor environment; risk associated with forklift, motor vehicles and water craft; sharp knives (cut risk); risk associated with lifting; and wet or uneven ground surfaces.
Equal Opportunity Employment Shoalwater Seafood Oyster Company is a proud equal opportunity employer and it is our policy that employees and applicants will not be subjected to unlawful discrimination or harassment based on race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, veteran’s status, marital status, physical or mental disability, or any other basis prohibited by applicable state, federal or local laws. Tribal preference.
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $18.00 per hour
To apply, please download the application and follow all instructions.Download Application