Internship Description for WBE $16 hr.
Location: Willapa Bay Enterprises | Type: Other | Pay: $16.00 hr.
Willapa Bay Enterprises (WBE) is a fast-paced Corporation that builds and manages businesses on behalf of the Shoalwater…
Willapa Bay Enterprises (WBE) is a fast-paced Corporation that builds and manages businesses on behalf of the Shoalwater Bay Tribe and its people. WBE strives to
identify and implement sustainable businesses that generate profit, create jobs, and promote tribal sovereignty. We are in Tokeland, Washington.
WBE is looking for an intern interested in learning all aspects of the corporation, from planning to implementation and management in various industries. The goal of the internship is to provide experiences that instill strong financial and operational skills.
It's essential that applicants to this position have strong communication skills, think creatively, and demonstrate attention to detail.
· Conduct primary and secondary research relating to enterprises activities
· Conduct analysis for expansion of existing businesses and creation of new businesses
· Draft content for strategic, business and marketing plans
· Draft content for newsletters, press releases and other materials
· Support the organization and management of various business and community events.
· Working with support systems; part of the business operations
· Support daily operations, including answering phones, scheduling meetings, greeting visitors, assisting with mailings and print product, compiling contact lists, updating databases, and other duties as assigned.
· Currently enrolled in a BA, MA, MBA, or MPA program in the fields of Business, Economics, Government, Public Administration, Native Studies or similar.
· Strong verbal and written communication skills
· Proficient with Microsoft Office, especially Microsoft Excel
· Knowledge of social media, marketing, or financial analysis advantageous
· Practical experience planning and implementing business strategies.
· Shadowing, mentoring, and training with Chief Operating Officer and team
· Opportunity to participate in networking events and company meetings
· Flexible schedule for students
· Compensation available $16.00 Hourly
· Duration 6-8 weeks
· Internships available for summer, but also during the fall, winter and spring.
For an application please contact Dawn Mallory at firstname.lastname@example.org or please call 360-268-7515
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer. We embrace and encourage our employees’ differences in age, color, disability, ethnicity, gender identity or expression, language, national origin, physical and mental ability, political affiliation, race, religion, sexual orientation, socioeconomic status, veteran status, and other characteristics that make our employees unique. Tribal Preference
To apply, please download the application and follow all instructions.Download Application